I think that most moms need some help when it comes to planning FHE lessons for the family. A little bit of help to make the lessons exciting, and entertaining and lasting. I think I found it.
Family Home Evening Adventures by Rebecca Irvine is full of good ideas:
- It has a list of helpful tips
- It has a FHE planning sheet for the WHOLE year (the list lover in me truly enjoys the idea of this ~ planning a whole year of lessons [topics + teachers] and posting it to refer back to makes it seem so much less overwhelming)
- Lessons
- Activities
- Song suggestions
- Treat ideas
- Projects
The book assigns each month a topic and give one lesson for each month (the other weeks you could use something from the Friend, the Ensign or the most recent conference). Some of the lessons seem like they might take a little more time than my 4, 6, and 8 year olds could sit for, but I think that they could easily be split into 2 or 3 lessons.
I think that after a year of these lessons, each person that is old enough to read would be very familiar with the scriptures and finding verses too.
So, are you interested? I get to give a copy away! To enter, leave a comment with the name of a chapter that piques your interest. Go here for more info on the book. You can buy the book from here. The giveaway will end on Thursday, November 12 at 9:00 PST. Tell your friends!
8 comments:
I could always use more activity ideas....we almost always end up playing a board game or watching a movie for our activity.
Thanks Amanda! I really appreciate it!
The "Love at Home" section peeked my interest... we can always use more love!
Oooh...Reverence please.
Feasting on the word sounds like it would be good for us!
Feasting on the Word - definitely something I'd like my children (okay, and myself) to master.
Kim D.
www.oneinademillion.blogspot.com
I would say activities. Hopefully they have some good ones for young kids. I always try to do something creative, but it is usually an idea I got somewhere else. This would be an excellent resource!
Treat ideas! We are all over ice cream and brownies but get burnt out on the same-old. Some new ideas would be divine!
Post a Comment