Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Little Things

The kid’s school did parent teacher conferences in October.  Yes, school started in almost the middle of September.  Seems VERY silly to me to have the one and only parent teacher conference six weeks after school starts.  I was concerned, but we got “report cards” this week and all three children seem to be doing swimmingly.  Very proud of them.

My kindergartener is an excellent reader.  Almost as good a reader as my second grader.  I did not teach him to read.  {I read to him a lot however.}  One day last spring (2010) he brought me a new book from the library, sat down next to me and read the whole thing out loud.  I was stunned.  He loves to read and spends a lot of time reading.  Last week, he saw me typing and decided that he might like to type too.  I opened up Word and let him at it.  He typed all about his stay at the hospital.  He typed how he got to control the remote and how fun it it. 

That is a Word document that I will never put in the trash.  Seriously so happy.

Hearing my daughter share her testimony of Joseph Smith in front of the congregation on Sunday.  So impressed with her faith.  Also, the same day, my youngest gave a talk on God’s plan for us in primary (children’s class).  He got up and read his talk clearly and did a wonderful job.

Watching the Super Bowl with some friends and our oldest son.  He loves sports, that one.  He was certain the Packers were going to win – and they did!

For the Super Bowl, I made an apple dip that was very good (happy!) ~ 16 oz cream cheese, softened, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 8 oz toffee bits.  Mix it all together and serve it with some sliced apples.  It was good with a Ritz cracker too.

Any happy little things at your place?

2 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Awesome happy things! Terrific post.

Mindy said...

So glad things are going so well. I posted about happy things here too!