Thursday, May 14, 2009

ABC’s of Me

I’ve seen this a couple times on Facebook, and I got it in a email from a friend so I decided to post my answers here.  Let me know if you decide to play along!

A - Age: 29 – for another 3 weeks.
B - Bed size: Queen.  Someday I’d love to sleep in a king size every night.
C - Chore you hate: Putting away folded clothes, cleaning toilets, mopping floors.  The list goes on…
D - Dog's name: I don't have a dog. Growing up our Beagle/Springer mix was named Sparky.
E - Essential start your day item: Brushing my teeth. 
F - Favorite color: Royal blue.  And Purple.  And Orange.

2744279477_615bc3d3e7_m images via flickr

G - Gold or Silver: Silver
H - Height: 5'8”
I - Instruments you(‘ve) play(ed): Recorder. Clarinet.  Basic hymns on the piano.
J - Job title: Homemaker
K - Kid(s): Three – Ages 8, 6 & 3
L - Living arrangements: Home.  With husband and children.
M - Mom's name: Mom. :)
N - Nicknames: Mom.  Honey.  
O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: None.  Only overnight when I was born and when my two boys were born.

1471043028_e747b0ae72_m

P - Pet Peeve: Having my name pronounced wrong.
Q - Quote from a movie: How about a TV show?  Darn the jellyfish!  Darn all the jellyfish! (Name that show…) 
R - Right or left handed: Right
S - Siblings: 1 brother, 3 sisters
T - Time you wake up: 6:30.  Although, I really should get up earlier and exercise or read scriptures, I just can’t drag myself out of bed any sooner. 
U- Underwear?: Of course! Truly, I don't want to know about people who don't wear jockeys. TMI
V - Vegetable you dislike: Tomatos.  Ew! I can’t stand the smell of them.  Don’t breath on me after you eat one.
W - Ways you run late: Poor planning.  The thought of being late makes my stomach tighten and I start to sweat.  I hate being late so we are almost always early.
X - X-rays you've had: Hmm, let’s see. I’ve broken both arms, multiple toes, fingers, and injured my knee and back.  Plus all the times my teeth have been x-rayed. 
Y - Yummy food you make: I make a mean lasagna.  I also make a good faux-cheesecake.
Z - Zoo favorite: I love the variety of animals at the Oregon Zoo, but Hogle Zoo (in SLC) is better laid out.  I’d love to see the San Diego zoo someday.

2246868198_f9f75792da_m

7 comments:

Janelle said...

Is there a way to pronounce Amanda I don't know about?

Maybe it was your last name.

Still that is easy too.

Hmmmm.

Darilyn said...

Who doesn't say Amanda right?

I love your ABC's.

Mindy said...

Cool post. You should post your recipe for lasagna!

Amber said...

I never did do these even though I was tagged several times. Probably because it would have made me think too much. :-)

I've never had an overnight hospital stay either and I HATE when people mispronounce my children's names (Hadley is always Hailey and they call Bode, Brody.)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Fun facts! How do you mispronounce Amanda?

Amanda D said...

It's not very often that Amanda is mispronounced (but sometimes), however my last name and maiden name are always said wrong!

karli said...

the San Diego zoo is a huge disappointment, FYI.