Monday, September 27, 2010

Morning Cocoa

Beth does Friday Morning CoffeeTracy does Random Crap.

I don’t drink coffee.  And my 9-year-old thinks crap is a swear word.  Also, I love me a cup of hot cocoa.  So I am copying them both  (even though I am sure that neither has the faintest idea who I am) and doing Monday Morning Cocoa.

--

When I planned out a schedule for myself while all three of my children are at school, I put grocery shopping on Monday.  Now, that we’re a few weeks in, I realize this was a mistake. Come Monday, I want to sit on the couch and watch Ugly Betty while the kids are gone and the house is quiet.  I don’t want to go grocery shopping. 

So this morning I was trying to decide if I could wait until Wednesday (I have a meeting tomorrow) to do some shopping.  I figured we could stretch the milk out to last.  I can make some bread. We need apples, but we have oranges.  Then I opened the fridge and discovered something horrible: We are out of Diet Pepsi.  There’s none in the garage either!

So a-shopping I must go.  Today.

Sigh.

--

I am no longer the Provident Living Specialist (who am I kidding?  I was never a specialist.  Person.  Provident Living Person.) in my ward.  Now, I am a Cub Scout Den Leader.  I am over the Wolves & Bears.

Why does that scare the tar out of me?

--

I volunteered to help with picture day at the school tomorrow.  Last night I was rethinking this decision and was trying to decide how to gracefully back out. 

Then, I looked at the order form.  Volunteers get free pictures.  Picture packages cost an arm and a leg

I’ll be there bright and early Tuesday morning. 

--

Fall is finally starting to arrive here.  Leaves are just barely starting to turn.  I think fall might be my favorite thing to photograph.  That’s my warning to you.  As soon as I start, there will be millions of pictures on here, I’m sure.

--

The weekly laundry marathon has begun, the breakfast dishes need putting away and I need to help the five-year-old find his copy of The Cat in the Hat.   So I wish you a Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm happy you're blogging again! Yay! You are a great writer!

Tonya said...

I love all the random facts in this post :) And I LOVE me a cup of hot cocoa too.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

You'll be awesome at Scouts. I know it. :)

troutdalite said...

Amanda: SO glad you're back. Love your randomness!
Lucy: Went to your blog and loved it as much as I love you in 'real life'! Tempted to stay longer, but out to hang laundry in the SUN : )

amber_mtmc said...

Hooray!! You are back!! I love hot cocoa and hate laundry. : ) (Oh, and free photos are ... priceless.)

Katie Gee said...

I'm looking forward to the millions of pictures. No warning necessary for me!

Jocelyn said...

Mmmmmm.....cocoa.....

Halloween has hit our house and I'm loving it.

Excited for your pictures.

Scouts is one of my most feared callings. Eeeeekkk..

School pictures are tomorrow and lemme tell you, I was tick-o-rama-ed at the prices. I bought the absolute smallest package available and it was still $13 a kid! So wrong.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were back!

I did cubs for a few years. It wasn't bad. I made a one-year schedule (or 10 months-we didn't meet in July/August) and then just followed that the 3 years I was in--that way I didn't ever have to worry about repeating requirements with the same boys.

You were so smart to help out with picture day. I'm going to have to see if I can get in on that action next year.

Glad to see you around!