…But not really kickin’.
Two weeks ago today I woke up with a sore throat. The next day I had a fever (around 104), chills, body aches, sore throat, head ache and I slept all day. That lasted a couple days then I was left with this horrible cough and sore throat. The sore throat went away for a little while and then came back last Wednesday. Thursday morning I went to the doctor for a strep test even though my throat wasn’t hurting so bad that morning (it was worse in the evenings.) I think the doctor thought it was weird that I was there. The sore throat left on Friday and Saturday. Sunday night, it came back. Monday morning it still hurt, and the the doctor called and told me that it is strep after all. But not normal strep. A different strep. She faxed the prescription in and I went to get it immediately, hoping for some relief.
Three doses later and my throat is still killing me. But, I am functioning.
Luckily, I was taken care of by the best husband in the world. He took over – got the kids to school with lunches and snacks, helped with homework, and entertaining. He took over the cooking, and cleaning of the kitchen. And he waited on me – bringing me medicine, orange juice, tissues, books, etc. I don’t know what I would have done with out him.
----
Other than the sickness that is hanging around, we have been doing other things.
Bryan has been conducting sacrament meeting this month. He was nervous (who wouldn’t be?) but he is doing an excellent job.
My oldest is playing YMCA basketball (I am the glorified team mom assistant coach) and it has been fun.
My daughter has been trying to not eat breakfast and it drives me crazy. I love breakfast. Therefore, I don’t understand when people don’t eat breakfast. If she goes two weeks with out us having to tell her to take a bite every five seconds then her dad is going to take her to Buffalo Wild Wings. She thought she would get to go to Buffalo Wild Wings everyday for two weeks. Not once at the end of two weeks.
My youngest is still loving preschool. He can’t wait to be big enough for school with his brother and sister. I know he will be disappointed come September and he only gets to go to school for 2.5 hours each day. Maybe I better start praying for all day kindergarten.
My volleyball team played our last games last night. We didn’t win any last night, but we came close. It was fun. We didn’t end up in last place again, so it’s all good.
And just cause I like looking at pictures when I read a blog, here’s a shot of a bird on our back fence:
So…what’s happening with you?
11 comments:
Oh, I had that illness last month. Those chills are really, really awful.
Also, I wanted to tell you that I read My Fair Godmother and am reading The Wednesday Wars right now. Thank you for the TERRIFIC recommendations! I've really enjoyed them!
I was just wondering last night about you...now that I'm not on Facebook anymore, I rely solely on blogs! I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling so horrible, but I am glad to read a post from you and know you're still hanging in there. And I totally love that picture of the cute fat birdie.
BTW,
My Oldest and Middle are doing rec center basketball right now too. Lovin' that.
My hubby and my Youngest are not breakfast eaters. It drives me insane! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. :) To appease me, hubby brings a baggie of dry cereal to work in the morning...that's his breakfast. Youngest refuses to eat food before 10 am, so we give him Carnation Instant Breakfast chocolate milk each morning. **sigh**
Yeesh! on the strep. So sorry, feel better.
I think like your daughter, a restaurant every night of the week should totally be a reward for lifting a fork to your mouth, why is the world not run by girls like us?
Too bad about the strange strep. I hope those antibiotics kick in some time soon. I'm glad your husband has been taking good care of you!
Oh yuck! Ashley has had a similar bug that has lingered on and on and on. Her strep tests were negative and the doc didn't give her any meds, saying she thinks it's viral. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I was just about to email you and see how you were when I saw your comment on my blog today.
Get better soon! Sounds like your DH is an angel.
Oy. The lingering is the worst part! I'm sorry you've been so under the weather, but I'm glad your hubby has been picking up the slack. Love the picture!
I hope your recovery speeds up a bit!
Not much going on here really. Besides a couple of stuffy noses, everyone has been healthy around here. I hope it lasts.
Lovely picture.
Strep is the worst! Just kicked mine last week after antibiotics kicked in.
Hope you feel better soon!
Februarys are always so busy and so full of sickness. I hope you feel better soon!
I am so sorry that you have been feeling so yucky! I can't believe how busy you've been even though you've been down.
I absolutely LOVE the picture of the bird on the fence. I would hang that in my kitchen! The colors are muted just enough that it would look fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
Post a Comment